We are not huge fans of Sweet Potatoes but this soup was really good, the entire family enjoyed it!!
- 1 cup water
- 1 medium sweet potato (or yam), peeled, cubed
- 1/4 medium red bell pepper
- 1 tsp. finely grated ginger root
- 1 1/2 tsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 cup vegetable broth (or water)
- Bragg Liquid Aminos (or Himalayan salt, to taste; optional)
- Herbal seasoning blend (to taste; optional)
- Bring water to a boil in a small saucepan over medium heat
- Add sweet potato; cook for 5 to 7 min. Drain. Set aside.
- Roast bell pepper on grill or gas stove-top. Turn frequently until skin is evenly charred.
- Place roasted bell pepper in a medium bowl, cover with a kitchen towel for 10 minutes.
- Peel skin under running water, remove seeds, chop into 1/2 inch cubes.
- Place sweet potato, bell pepper, ginger, oil, and broth in a blender or food processor, in 2 or more batches if necessary; cover with lid and kitchen towel.
- Blend until smooth, if consistency is too thick, add water.
- Heat soup in a medium saucepan over medium heat; cook, stirring frequently for 4-5 min, or until hot.
- Add Bragg Liquid Aminos and seasoning blend if desired and enjoy!
Although this says it makes 1 serving, the two of us were able to split it up amongst ourselves and there was plenty with some left over.